December 17, 2011
Quick tomato tart
Well it's quick if you haven't got to make the pastry....
I used a pre-rolled pack of supermarket puff pastry, but you can make your own, though it's a bit of a faff, and there are some good vegan puff pastry recipes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Place the rolled out sheet of pastry on to a baking sheet, or better still, to get really even cooking and a nice crispy base, use one of those wire ones sold to cook oven chips on.
- Brush the surface with cream up to 1 cm from the edge.
- Sprinkle the cream with oregano.
- Lay the slices tomatoes over the cream to just cover the pastry.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the tomatoes, sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper (I use sea salt and black pepper)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack so that the base stays crispy.
- Transfer to a plate when cool, cut up with a pizza wheel.
- Chomp, enjoy the taste and the juices running down your chin.
PS I do have knitting content to blog, honest.....
Posted by glittrgirl at December 17, 2011 5:44 PM
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)