September 23, 2012
Creamy spicy sweet potato, sweetcorn and coconut soup (vegan)
2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
2 small onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, sliced finely
2-3 hot chillis, sliced finely (I leave the seeds in but remive if you don't want ti too spicy)
1 inch cube ginger, chopped finely
1 large sweet potato, chopped roughly
2- medium sized carrots, peeled and sliced
1 16oz tin coconut milk
2 heaped teaspoons bouillon powder
1 medium tin sweetcorn kernels
juice of 1 lime
tamari (soy sauce) to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan, and gently fry onion until soft and transparent.
- Add garlic, chilli, ginger and fry a little longer.
- Add the thick coconut milk from the top of the can and fry gently for 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and carrot, the rest of the coconut milk and 3/4 pint of water with the bouillon powder.
- Bring to the boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and blitz until smooth.
- Add sweetcorn, lime juice and tamari to taste. You are after a nice balance of sweet, salty, spicy and sour. None should dominate.
Posted by glittrgirl at September 23, 2012 1:54 PM
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)