September 22, 2012
Vegan Caesar Salad
1 clove garlic
juice of 1 large lemon
3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
125g ground almonds
250g soft silken tofu
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
salt and pepper
- Toss the rye bread cubes in rapeseed oil, and put on a baking tray in a hot oven for 10-15 minutes, until crisp. Drain and leave to cool.
- Chop the lettuce into bite sized chunks.
- Chop the smoked tofu into pieces.
- Put all the dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and and more lemon if required - it should be tangy.
- Toss the lettuce in some of the dressing until well coated. Arrange in a serving dish.
- Toss the smoked tofu pieces in a little more of the dressing, and arrange in the centre or the lettuce. Add the croutons round the outside. Garnish with lemon wedges to serve.
- Serves two. The dressing keeps well in a jar in the fridge for a few days, so you can use it on other salads.... or as a bechamel sauce replacement in a vegan parmigianna, lasagne or moussaka.
Posted by glittrgirl at September 22, 2012 6:43 PM
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)